WCC is working diligently to prepare for the 2020-2021 school year. Our goal is to ensure student and staff safety while continuing to provide an excellent, well-rounded education for your children.
After receiving guidelines from the state as well as your feedback, WCC will be opening on July 20, 2020 per our original 20-21 calendar. We appreciate your patience in the upcoming year as we navigate any challenges that arise.
The following are the important changes that will be mandated for the 2020-2021 school year, due to COVID19 illness protocol. A Student Handbook Addendum will be completed in the next few weeks, with detailed information on protocol changes. We will have “Meet the Teacher” night as scheduled on July 15, 2020 from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m., where you can address any questions you may have regarding the changes.
- Student drop off – students cannot be dropped off earlier than 7:45 a.m., and parents/students MUST remain in cars. Screeners will greet students at the car, complete a temperature, and symptom check after which students will go directly to class.
- Student pick-up – When parents arrive, they will stay in their cars and students will be called out of their classroom.
- No after school clubs or study halls available – students MUST be picked up when their class is released. Reminder – classroom times are:
Levels 1 and 2 - 8:15-3:00
Levels 3 and 4 - 8:00-3:15
Level 5 8:00-4:00
- Safety measures:
Installation of air purifiers in every building that destroy up to 99% of surface and airborne contaminants and improve indoor air quality for healthier living environments, making each room safer and students healthier
Touchless hand sanitizers in every room that students and staff will use as they enter/exit buildings
Touchless water dispensers for water bottles will be installed in place of existing water fountains
- Volunteers, parents and other visitors will not be allowed on campus
- Each classroom will be self-contained and will not gather or mix with other classrooms. They will each have separate lunch recesses on the playgrounds as well as no mingling before and after school
- Student illness protocol – if your child is sick, or displaying symptoms keep them home. We will accommodate their need to make-up lessons while they are home. Contact your teacher directly for details when your child is absent from school due to illness. Attendance laws will be more lenient, and we will not focus on “Perfect Attendance” this year.
- There will be no food or drinks sold at school; students must bring their water bottles, snacks, and lunches daily.