Distance Learning and Quarantine Procedures
Distance Learning procedures:
With COVID cases increasing, we must ensure that students and classrooms are continuing to be a part of their daily work and homework in their classrooms. In the case of a need to work remotely due to sickness or quarantine of an individual student, teacher, or classroom, Willow Creek Charter will ensure students receive their instruction through distance learning, as defined below.
- If needed and/or required, students will have access to a computer and reliable internet or wi-fi. WCC will provide Chromebooks for all students that will be set up for their classrooms, with all programs they will need.
- Attendance Requirements: We will run based on our regular schedule. For example, if your child’s class starts at 8:00, students must log in or contact teacher via Remind at that time to take morning attendance. Students must also check in right after the lunch break to be present for a full day. Daily assignments completed and submitted are also counted to ensure full attendance requirements are met.
- Teachers may operate from campus in virtual classrooms and can be on video with students during direct instruction times. There will be independent work time for students, as well as guided instruction and support throughout each day. Classrooms may also send home packets of class work to be done while at home.
- Students will be required to complete daily in-class work, independent work and homework assignments on time for a grade.
- Teachers will be using the Google Classroom tools if using virtual classrooms.
- For students with IEP’s, our Special Education Director will be providing interactive online interventions to support students. All speech, OT and counseling services will be conducted via Chromebook and/or phone.
- Teachers will have direct contact office hours available to all students and parents who may have questions and/or comments regarding the online lessons and assignments.
Reminder – PLEASE keep your child home if they are sick or have been exposed to COVID-19. Contact the office to let us know and if needed, the following quarantine procedures will take place. Quarantine or isolation is required by Yavapai County Community Health Services (see below). Visit https://yavapaiaz.gov/chs for more information about COVID-19.
· At least 10 days have passed since they were exposed to COVID-19, AND
· Remain Symptom free for the 10-day period.
· At least 7 days have passed since they were exposed to COVID-19; AND
· Your child tests negative for COVID-19 at least five days after the above date; AND
· Your child has been symptom free for that seven-day period.
If you have any questions, please contact us at (928) 776-1212 ext. 0. Thank you!