Returning to in-person classes this year, we are balancing our health and safety decisions for our staff and students with conflicting requirements and guidance from the CDC and the Governor’s Executive Order. We must all understand that the COVID-19 pandemic is not over and continues to fluctuate in severity. Our current Yavapai County COVID positivity rates are: https://yavapaiaz.gov/chs/.
Links to guidelines from the CDC and AZ Department of Health:
Key points from these guidelines are below:
- Get vaccinated – vaccinations are currently the leading public health prevention strategy to end the COVID-19 pandemic. They are now available for children 12 and over.
- Wear masks when in common areas. We understand this is not mandatory, but optional for staff and students, but highly suggest the use of masks to protect against the spread of COVID 19. WCC students do not share all equipment and supplies. They are seated at a safe distance from each other as space allows.
- Staff and students should stay home if they are sick or waiting on COVID tests results.
- Maintain personal hygiene – covering coughs and sneezes in addition to frequent handwashing. WCC students are encouraged to do this in the classroom. Touchless water bottle refill stations and hand sanitizers are installed in each classroom for regular use.
- Daily cleaning/sanitizing of common areas. WCC has installed air purifiers in every building and our cleaning service completes in-depth cleanings nightly.
- Notify the school if staff or students test positive for COVID-19 or have been in close contact with someone who did.